Fertility Naturopath Nikki Warren, has just released the all new vegan friendly ‘NaturoBest‘ Preconception Multi for Men. Preconception Multi for Men is a comprehensive multivitamin, multimineral and antioxidant, that has been designed to support sperm motility and sperm count. This premium formulation includes lycopene, CoQ10, zinc, selenium, vitamins A, C, E and B12 to help support sperm health and testosterone levels while promoting a healthy conception.
“As a fertility naturopath,I am passionate about helping couples to successfully reach their goals of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. To create a healthy baby, you need a healthy egg AND healthy sperm. As it takes up to 72 days to make a new batch of sperm cells from scratch, we recommend both partners follow a preconception care plan for at least 3-4 months prior to conception to optimise their health.”– NIKKI WARREN
There have been a number of news reports in recent months reporting concerns in regards to low sperm counts and infertility in many countries from all around the world. Low sperm count has been attributed to lifestyle factors such as smoking, excessive drinking, insufficient exercise, obesity and even a poor diet. Here are some of Fertility Naturopath Niki Warren’s top 10 tips to boost fertility in men.
Top 10 tips for boosting men’s fertility:
- Preconception Plan: It is essential that both partners follow a preconception care plan for 4 months prior to conception. The first month is spent detoxing; the next 3 months are when the sperm and egg are developing. They are vulnerable to nutrient deficiencies, toxicity and radiation during this time so it is vital to boost nutrient stores during these 3 months.
- Eat Organic Food: Toxins are stored in fat in humans and in animals therefore it is prudent to switch to organic meat, eggs and dairy products. It is also important to avoid pesticides as they are known to affect hormone balance and sperm quality. You could grow your own vegetables to avoid these sprays or purchase organic fruit and veg.
- Get A Water Filter: An under-bench water filter is available from Bunnings. Avoid buying water in plastic bottles and opt for glass bottled water instead. Tap water can contain metals such as copper and plastic contains xenoestrogens which can affect your sperm quality.
- Avoid Plastic: Choose food contained in glass bottles and jars rather than plastic (e.g. sauces, mayonnaise, beetroot). Plastic can leach xenoestrogens (foreign oestrogens) into the food and can affect hormone balance and sperm quality.
- Avoid Caffeine: Too much caffeine can affect your fertility and sperm quality. Try switching from coffee to tea and drink up to 2 cups only per day.
- Avoid Alcohol: Excessive alcohol intake lowers sperm count and quality and impairs your fertility. Your partner is going to have to give up during pregnancy so giving up with her is the biggest support you can provide to ensure a healthy conception and pregnancy. If you are currently a heavy drinker, you might find it helpful to reduce the amount you drink to no more than 2 drinks, no more than twice a week. Then keep reducing the amount every couple of weeks until you’re only having an occasional drink.
- Exercise: Exercise is linked to sperm quality and it also helps you to reduce stress. Plus the fitter you are, the more stamina you will have when it comes to making babies!
- Don’t wear tight underwear and avoid hot spas and showers: Heat kills sperm so wear boxer shorts instead of snug fitting briefs and avoid hot baths, spas and saunas.
- Pre-conception Multi: Taking a multivitamin tailored for preconception can help boost nutrient stores and may also improve your chance of a successful conception. Certain nutrients assist sperm count, motility and quality including lycopene, CoQ10, vitamins A, C, E and B12, zinc and selenium.
- Hormone Imbalances: If you have low testosterone, a low libido or any other health issues, it may be worth visiting a qualified medical herbalist. Herbal medicine is fantastic at getting to the root cause of your issue and may boost fertility by boosting testosterone and improving sperm morphology.
NaturoBest is a prenatal and preconception vitamin range that changes as your requirements evolve according to your trimester. The NaturoBest prenatal and preconception range was designed by experienced fertility naturopath and medical herbalist Nikki Warren over five years ago. The vitamin itself has been carefully formulated to help support the physical requirements throughout the journey to become parents, from preconception through to breastfeeding, and now NaturoBest offers a completely vegan friendly range of products.
NaturoBest retails for $67.50AUD. For more on the prenatal and preconception vitamin range visit: https://naturobest.com/product/preconception-multi-for-men/