With Summer fast approaching it is time to get ahead of the season’s new trends, and this summer the ‘Wet Hair Look”, is becoming all the rage for guys! The sleek, combed back hair look has been trending in the female hair scene for a while now, but lately it has had a renaissance in the men’s grooming landscape too. The slicked back style used to be associated in the past with, Wall Street and corporate top dogs, but has now gone through an entire evolution, and is back to stay this season.
Over the years mens hairstyling and grooming has changed so much, and has been influenced by the different trends of each decade, with such iconic hair styles still being seen today, such as; The French Crop, The Buzz Cut, The Modern Hi-Top Fade, The Pompadour, and The Quiff. Sydney based barber, Brook Swinbourne, has created a few easy step-by-step guides on how to create different wet hair looks for all of you guys out there, from a classic look to a modern spin. Here are the tips and tricks of the trade, to help all of you Aussie men rock the wet hair look this Summer.
Wet Hair Styles:
The Relaxed Fringe:
- To achieve this simple and effortless look you must always start with the initial shampooing process, using both, a shampoo and a conditioner. You could also add a desired shampoo for any condition, for example dandruff for scalp or one for coloured hair if that is what you have.
- For this look, grooming expert, Brook Swinbourne, has suggested to use a forming cream… The cream is really pliable and the distribution is really easy! The less you play around with the hair is best for this particular look.
- To achieve the ultimate relaxed wet hair look, take a small amount of forming cream, begin to massage it throughout your entire head and style your fringe with your hands. But do not overdo it!
The Classic Side Part:
- To achieve this classic and timeless hair style start of by cleansing your hair thoroughly with a cleansing shampoo, like the power cleanse, and of course a daily conditioner that stimulates the hair. This combination is amazing and is guaranteed to give you a fresh and clean platform to work from!
- Then after towel drying, take a small amount of a classic pomade and apply it into your hair, use a shampooing technique and motion to distribute the pomade evenly.
- Then choose the side you wish to part and comb the hair toward your chosen direction, and slightly back.
- Now just leave it and the style will last all day until you wash it out.
The Messy Look:
- For this super effortless, yet stylish look use the same shampoo technique and towel dry your hair after the shower. For this look though, Brook Swinbourne suggests that this time you use a shampoo that gives volume, shine and medium hold, like the boost mousse. Finish cleansing the hair by lightly blow drying it.
- After the shower use a volume powder that has a matte finish, like the American Crew boost powder to give extra touch and texture, but with a matte finish and with a light hold!
- And voila, after following these steps you will have a natural wet hair look.
There you go, thanks to hair genius and grooming expert, Brook Swinbourne, you will be mastering the wet hair look just in time for the Summer season. These simple and easy steps are perfect for any guy wanting to achieve the look this summer and will have him staying up to date with the hair trends all season. Visit Brook Swinbourne’s hair salon in Cronulla today, for more visit: https://brookswinbourne.com.au