When Premcar and Nissan say the Navara PRO-4X Warrior is made for Australia, they absolutely mean it! This all new homegrown hero has been subjected to tens of thousands of kilometres of testing, over every challenging landscape our country has to offer, to ensure the Warrior is up for anything its owners can throw at it.
The twelve month development program has seen the Navara PRO-4X Warrior put through its paces at the Australian Automotive Research Centre (AARC). The vehicle also underwent more than three month’s testing in Victoria’s ‘Big Desert Wilderness Park’, renowned for producing an extensive variety of rough and rugged tracks and terrain that can be found right across Australia.
“We have done literally tens of thousands of kilometres at the AARC alone… There’s a high-speed circuit, a noise-calibration surface, off-road tracks, durability circuits. The military uses it to ensure its vehicles are tough enough, and it was the perfect place to put the Warrior 2.0 through its paces.”– Bernie Quinn, Engineering Director at Premcar
One of the key targets of the Warrior program was to broaden the Navara’s capability, rather than alter it. This means that each and every change made to the vehicle has improved the ute’s off-road capabilities, it has since been tested on regular road surfaces to make sure everyday handling was never compromised. To ensure in thorough testing, a strong team of six engineers and technicians took multiple trips to the Big Desert Wilderness Park in Victoria. Some of these trips lasted up to three weeks at a time, where they could test suspension tunes off-road, and then validate those changes on the tarmac.
Mr Bernie Quinn, The Engineering Director at Premcar says, “Big Desert was perfect. It’s got a lot of different terrain, smooth gravel roads for high-speed testing, really rutted, muddy tracks, sand dunes and sand tracks, and deep corrugations… Basically everything Australia can throw at you off-roading, it’s got. And then it’s a quick drive to get back onto bitumen roads to validate the changes we made.”
Premcar has been Nissan’s core engineering partner ever since the launch of the honourable Warrior program. Vehicles have since then, been re-engineered in Victoria to create tough flagship models that are custom made and suitable for all Australian conditions. Mr Qinn ensures that the vehicle’s undergo thorough testing against all terrains and conditions, as he says, “We utilise a full range of testing equipment in multiple locations that allows us to make and test changes in field to optimise the capability of the vehicle.”
Nissan and Premcar are excited to announce that the Warrior 2.0 — ‘The Navara PRO-4X Warrior’, by Premcar will be launching nation wide this September. Both capability and comfort are at the forefront of the all new Warrior, with the locally-developed model adopting an extensive standard equipment list of the Navara PRO-4X. This extensive list includes, an all new 7.0-inch Advanced Drive-Assist instrument cluster display, a high-contrast 8.0-inch touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, and a leather-accented interior. All engineering upgrades pair with the Navara’s safety equipment, including seven airbags, Intelligent Forward Collision Warning, and Intelligent Emergency Braking.
To ensure the new Navara Warrior truly lives up to its title of “the world’s toughest Navara”, the latest model features an array of exciting enhancements and new innovative features.
Key Enhancements of The Navara PRO-4X Warrior:
- A new Nissan Genuine winch-compatible, Safari-style bullbar and integrated light bar and towbar
- A new ‘Navara’ branded red bash plate and a 3mm steel under body protection plate
- Cooper Discoverer All Terrain AT3 tyres with increased tread depth, and off-road tread pattern
- A 961kg payload for vehicles equipped with a manual transmission (952kg automatic)
- Increased ground clearance, from 220m to 260mm and a Wider track, from 1,570mm to 1,600mm
- Improved approach angle, from 32 degrees to 36 degrees, and near-identical departure angle, from 19.8 degrees to 19 degrees (owing to full-sized spare tyre with alloy wheel)
- Revised suspension with new spring rates for front-end support and accurate transient response
- Revised front and rear damping for greater control of wheels and better compliance, improved isolation from impacts and reduced float when towing or carrying a load
- A larger, taller jounce bumper for better control of wheel movement at max suspension travel, and reduced transmission of large impacts to cabin
- New Warrior-specific fender flares, a new decal pack and new interior headrest embroidery
The Navara PRO-4X Warrior is a true homegrown hero, and the admirable collaboration between Navara and Premcar is an exciting step in the Australian automotive industry. The all new Warrior, packed full of advanced features and impressive enhancements, is certain to wow the nation this September, for more on the new model visit: https://www.nissanwarrior.com.au/model/navara-pro-4x-warrior/