Australians are being invited to attend the all-new and all free, ‘Club Soda Mindful Drinking Festival’, that will be taking place from the 30th of July to the 2nd of August. Originating from over in the United Kingdom, Club Soda is hosting their eighth Mindful Drinking Festival online, due to the global effects of COVID-19. The virtual festival is free to all Australians, that may be wanting to change their drinking habits and explore the many non-alcoholic beverage options out there.
With Australia typically being known as a county that likes to have a drink… or two, a recent study with current statistics has revealed that up to 66% of young Australian drinkers, are actually looking into reducing their own alcohol consumption.
The 2019 FARE Annual Alcohol Poll contained many shocking statistics based off alcohol consumption in Australia including;
- 47% of Aussie drinkers consume alcohol with the intention of getting drunk, this equalling to almost six million people in the general population.
- 78% of Aussie drinkers who consume alcohol to get drunk consider themselves a ‘responsible drinker’.
- 79% of Aussie drinkers who consume six to ten standard drinks on a ‘typical occasion’, and 68% of Aussie drinkers who consume 11 or more standard drinks on a ‘typical occasion’, consider themselves a ‘responsible drinker’.
- 66% of people believe that Australia has a problem with excess drinking or alcohol abuse.
These figures have unquestionably worsened due to the many reports of increased lockdown drinking. However, there is a current growing movement and an increase in the interest of drinking in moderation or going completely alcohol free all together, in many places across the world. This festival will certainly bring both, welcome advice and support into everyone’s homes.
There really is no better time than now for consumers to attend this festival and hear from all of the world’s leading experts, about the developments and trends in the low, no alcohol sector.
The four-day virtual festival is guaranteed to give anyone looking for inspiration in changing their drinking habits access to some of the world’s experts in mindful drinking. Viewers will be opened up into the growing market of low and non-alcoholic drinks, including, craft beers, wines, spirits, low sugar sodas, tonics and infusions.
The global, virtual sessions will cover all topics in relation to drinking moderately and on how to quit, including sober socialising, dating, exploring creativity with the use of journaling, as well as inspirational interviews with journalists, authors and Instagram influencers.
The internationally recognised Mindful Drinking Movement, Club Soda, released their first book ‘How to Be a Mindful Drinker’ in 2019. The movement began to provide a multifaceted approach with three main strands;
- To show support toward individuals in rethinking their drinking habits.
- To build an online drinks and venues guide, that features the best pubs, clubs and bars for mindful beverage consumers.
- To curate the best alcohol-free drinks and for those drinks to be showcased at the Mindful Drinking Festivals.
Some of the key virtual session so far have included inspirational talks and panels on the Champs Motivation Stage by influencers and experts, who spoke on changing drinking habits and on how to live a healthier lifestyle. (Almost 80 themed sessions globally have been confirmed).
Along with over 60 low and no alcohol drinks sessions with virtual ‘meet the makers’, so people can meet the people and pioneers behind particular brands. The sessions have also featured cocktail masterclasses, beer tastings and drink talks with global experts.
The ‘Club Soda Mindful Drinking Festival’, will be free for all Australian’s to watch from Thursday the 30th of July till Sunday the 2nd of August on both, Facebook and YouTube. Watch the world’s leading experts talk about trends and developments of the low/ no alcohol precinct, as well as seeking inspiration and insight on how to become a more mindful drinker.
Register today at www.mindfuldrinkingfestival.com