What better way to spend this Father’s Day, than dining in at one of The Star’s signature restaurants, to give your dad a one of a kind dining experience, he won’t forget! You can choose from dishes at the classically inspired contemporary Australian grill, ‘BLACK Bar & Grill’, or get a taste of Tokyo at, ‘Sokyo’, or experience exceptional seafood and delicate flavours at ‘Flying Fish’.
Located in Pyrmont, The Star is Australia’s second largest casino that looks over Sydney’s dazzling Darling Harbour. The Star, owned by Star Entertainment Group, features two entire floors of gaming floors, an incredible eight bars, seven renowned restaurants, and 351 hotel rooms to stay over night in.
“At The Star, we have just one mission… To thrill. That’s why we have all star chefs and restaurants, luxurious accommodation and high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa, an amazing nightclub, and, of course, the world-class casino. It’s all yours for the taking, so will you? Come and play at The Star”.
BLACK Bar & Grill | Dinner: 5:30pm-10pm
Treat your dad to a dinner this Father’s Day at BLACK Bar & Grill, The Star’s classically inspired grill led by Executive Chef, Dany Karam. The restaurant showcases some of Australia’s finest wood-fired steaks and seafood, it is sure to put a smile on your Dad’s face.
You can enjoy dishes on the a la carte menu, or choose from Father’s Day specials including the;
- John Dory – vadouvan, cauliflower, golden raisin, crispy curry leaves ($49)
- The 1.5kg tomahawk MBS5+ with grilled vegetables and bone marrow sauce ($250)
- The caramelised banana tart with vanilla ice cream for dessert ($19)
Sokyo | Lunch: 12pm-3pm, Dinner: 5:30pm-10pm
At Syoko you can enjoy a stunning selection of traditional Japanese dishes, with a signature modern twist.
Sokyo lunch: Executive Chef Chase Kojima and his amazing team can help indicisive family members, by choosing what you want for lunch with the Father’s Day Bento Box ($65). The Bento Box features a selection of mouth watering dishes including;
- Miso kingfish ceviche Green chilli, crispy potato
- Chirashi Assorted seafood, yumepirika rice
- Mixed mushroom Lime, asparagus, truffle soy shiitake, shimeji, white fungi
- Dengakuman Miso glazed Toothfish
- Chicken robata Yuzu kosho, yakitor
- Mixed Green Leaf salad, spicy garlic vinaigrette
Sokyo also has a selection of Father’s Day special menu items to choose from including;
- The chicken karage with sambal emulsion and citrus mayo ($28)
- The Tajima tomahawk MBS+9 with karashi butter ($330)
- Mochi Ice Cream – Yatsuhashi Kyoto mochi, frozen strawberry milkshake ($10)
- The coffee ice cream with caramel mouse, coco nibs and whisky foam ($15)
Sokyo dinner: Choose from the sample dishes of the ‘a la carte menu’, the special menu, or spoil your dad with dinner this Father’s Day with the set menu ($130pp), which showcases some of the very best dishes Sokyo has to offer including;
- A selection of Sokyo style sashimi Scallop yuzu honey, salmon shungiku, tuna zuke wasabi
- Whiting tempura Coriander salad, black pepper, vinegar
- Ocean Trout steamed, kombu butter, shellfish dashi
- Dengakuman Miso-glazed Toothfish, Japanese salsa, cucumber salad (Additional piece $23)
- Full Blood Wagyu MBS+7 Onion jus, eggplant salad (Add truffle $15)
- Chef’s Omakase sushi (5 pieces) (Add caviar $25)
- A selection of mini Sokyo desserts Mochi, Macchiato
Flying Fish | Lunch: 12pm-3pm, Dinner: 5pm-10pm
Let your dad enjoy the Flying Fish a la carte menu, or let him indulge with dishes that have been especially curated for Father’s Day this year, including;
- The Tajima rib eye, cauliflower gratin, oxtail sauce ($190)
- The ginger shallot mud crab with egg noodles
For a truly indulgent dining experience at Flying Fish you can enjoy the 3-course set menu ($90pp), which includes;
- Spanner crab and tabasco mayonnaise on steam bread, Prawn toast with fish fragrance, Appellation oysters, turmeric vinaigrette, Ocean trout sashimi, ginger dressing, avocado, smoked oyster
- Charcoal roast Moreton Bay Bug, garlic butter, udon noodle
- Crisp skinned snapper, prawn and shitake crepe, turmeric sauce DF
- Baked Valrhona chocolate pudding, rum and raisin ice cream
There is something for every dad this Father’s Day at Sydney’s Star Casino!
Dine in with your dad at The Star Sydney, this Father’s Day, for unforgettable experience and meal, whilst overlooking the dazzling Darling Harbour. For more information please visit: www.star.com.au/sydney